Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
Need a copy of the Polar Kraft Owner's Manual? Now you can download it using this link! https://www.dropbox.com/s/spognuo4f1ujlg9/Polar Kraft Owners' manual.pdf

What is the recommended product to use to clean a painted aluminum hull on Polar Kraft boat?

I have a new Polar Kraft Sportsman 18' Gunmetal (Grey) painted boat.  I have difficulty cleaning river scum off the hull.  Any suggestions on which cleaner to use?image
New Polar Kraft boat pics (5).jpg
600 x 450 - 125K

Answers

• CaptnTOMCaptnTOM Posts: 2Member
    We've used marine spray nine before. Had so-so results.. Just get to it quick if you can.
  • offdonzboatoffdonzboat Posts: 48Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    I bought a 2004 PK last year.  It is painted a light beige color and it was CLEAN.   I used it in the river a few times and the lake for 2 weeks and it had stains.  I still haven't found what will easily take off those stains.      A few days ago I called the guy I bought it from to find out if he had cleaned it up so well and had  the answer.  He's an older boat savvy fisherman, but had just recently bought that boat from its original owner.   So he didn't have a particular cleaner to offer me but his other boats were clean too .... his advice:

I  ALWAYS TAKE A BUCKET AND SOME OLD TOWELS WHEN you PUT your BOAT IN - WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT AND GET IT ON YOUR TRAILER,  IMMEDIATELY WIPE IT DOWN WITH WATER AND YOUR TOWELS:  IT ALMOST ALWAYS TAKES OFF THOSE STAINS AND YOU DON'T HAVE A REAL TIME-CONSUMING JOB TRYING TO GET THE DRIED-ON STAINS OFF.