Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a copy of the Polar Kraft Owner's Manual? Now you can download it using this link! https://www.dropbox.com/s/spognuo4f1ujlg9/Polar Kraft Owners' manual.pdf

Trolling motor wiring on new FS170

Just installed a Terrova 80 24. Volt motor. All went well and the trolling motor run great, just cant read battery voltage on the prewired meter in the bow. Where are the small gage black wires supposed to connect? I put them on each neg terminal. Using the ipilot today....love this trolling motor!
·

Comments

• bbloodbblood Posts: 13Member
    Ok....looks like i may have a bad voltage meter in the trolling motor console. I put a meter on the posts of the voltage guage and the meter correctly reads each batterys voltage when i press the switch to bat1 or bat2. The voltage guage never moves.
    ·
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 75Member admin
    @bblood ... any update on this? Love to see some pics of the install also if you get a chance.
    ·
    No pics....i'll get some pics soon... No updates either....best i can tell is that battery condition gage is bad, but i havent removed it and bench tested it yet. There is power to the posts on the gage when I toggle the switch to either position....no deflection on the gage. I reallly like the Terrova 80 ipilot. I have tried most of the features and really like the simple user interface on the remote control. I have used it in high wind, strong current, and it does well. Hopefully i'll get some fishing time in this weekend and get some pictures....
    ·
    Another issue that has plagued me....now and then, i can't plug the motor into the recepticle in the boat....it just won't go....try again on another day and it plugs right in..... Here is a picture from this weekend....not really fishing....
    image.jpg 1.5M
    ·
  • offdonzboatoffdonzboat S E PaPosts: 64Member ✭✭
    Here's a basic comment - just in case you have this too and didn't notice ( I didn't for a couple of weeks with "new" boat).  I have a 2004 PK  with a Minnkota.  The plug has a specific fit pattern on the blades.  There is also an arrow on the plug ( it's all black plastic and pretty small so it's not easy to see.   The arrow indicates that it should be UP  to get the orientation of the plug blades right.   I painted the arrow white to help get it right.
    ·
    Thanks....i did notice that....also, the widest blade of the plug is on top.....still, something is tricky about it.
    ·
  • offdonzboatoffdonzboat S E PaPosts: 64Member ✭✭
    Here's another simple (probably not the answer but....):    your receptacle isn't loose and spinning around ?
    ·
    Could be....i didn't fuss with it much....i'll try again in a couple days. I did lose the locknut for the recepticle while i was troubleshooting....it slid down the wires and went into the abyss of the hull.....going to get some dodgers and try for some lake trout.... Probably wont need the minn kota for that...we'll see.
    ·
    Well....looks like i must have been the problem....fished yesterday and the plug worked fine....tried it several times....did i mention I love that little trolling motor? I was fishing alone and used the autopilot...big help when using downriggers! Once i found the right speed and depth....fish on! Still no dice with the battery condition gage, though. I'll hate to put the boat up, but ice fishing is right around the corner!
    ·