Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
Need a copy of the Polar Kraft Owner's Manual? Now you can download it using this link! https://www.dropbox.com/s/spognuo4f1ujlg9/Polar Kraft Owners' manual.pdf

Can I move the seat mount in front of the walk through

The seat mount on the 2007 178 is too close to the walk through and we hit our legs often. I want to move it about 8" forward. Not sure what is under the floor and if this is a problem.

Answers

• Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 75Member admin
    @mistert ... checking with PK support...maybe they can supply a diagram of what's under the deck on that boat.
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 75Member admin
    I'm guessing this answer is meant for you, Keith. This is from Alan in PK Customer Support:

The seat base on that model is located on a hinged insert. It is possible to move it forward, but 8” might be a stretch. I would try to keep it on the insert if possible. Otherwise, you will have to pull the front deck up and put a reinforcement plate under where you want the seat base to go. On the underside of the insert, there is a drink tray with 6 screws. Remove those screws, and you will have access to the fasteners on the seat base. You can then remove the seat base and relocate it closer to the hinge. This will leave a visible hole in the carpeted (or vinyl) piece of wood. If you would like to replace the plywood, remove the carpet and use the old one as a template to assure the exact fit.  I can send you a new piece of carpet (or vinyl) if you forward me your address.   The hole on the underside will be covered when the drink tray is put back on.