Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a copy of the Polar Kraft Owner's Manual? Now you can download it using this link! https://www.dropbox.com/s/spognuo4f1ujlg9/Polar Kraft Owners' manual.pdf

My new Old PK

offdonzboatoffdonzboat Posts: 61Member ✭✭
On my 2004 PK 165SC 
1.  Is there any provision under the floor for draining the gas tank?
2.  Do I need to vent the gas tank ( I guess at the filler ) to avoid vapor-lock?
3.  I'm checking on the "breaker" for my trolling motor - On the battery on the port side there is an unusual device ( I've never seen one ).
     I'll try to attach picture - is that the breaker ?   Anything I should now about how to use it /   reset it ?      And off the battery on the
      starboard  side are some nice connectors....   anything special about them ?  I assume they are from the mfr. or just a convenient way to disconnect?

copying a small image worked in the text - and I was able to shrink it down really small with the image edit 'shrinkers' but that didn't change the # of character problem   - but red window came up  " Body is 128421 characters too long."
Trying to use the IMAGE tool above the fonts etc. just brings up a window to INSERT IMAGE URL  --  I don't know how to take one of my pictures and give it an URL. ??? 

Thanks   Don

Comments

• Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 75Member admin
    Hey Don...just waiting to hear back from Alan on this one...
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 75Member admin
    Okay...here's what you've got....

1.      No. There are no provisions under the floor for draining the tank.

2.      You should not have to vent the tank.

3.      That is a fuseable link. You don’t reset them. If they go bad you just replace it.

• RichardESRichardES Posts: 10Member

Relating to your # 3 question, my '07 165SC has a breaker for the trolling motor on the port battery. This breaker is 1" long x 3/4" wide x 1/2" high, with a grey plastic 'body' & black plastic top/cap. But I have seen all metal ones too. The breaker is fastened to a copper-like strip, flat at the battery connection, and U-shaped at the breaker connection so the breaker won't rotate. On my boat, the reset button is a small black pin that is located on the 'end' of the breaker facing the battery post. So I have to remove the breaker to reset it. I found it just now by using a light & small mirror.

I had to reset a similar breaker on my previous boat after I disconnected the battery charger cable wihout unplugging the charger first. Never do that (on any charger) !!

2007 Polar Kraft Kodiac V165SC w/ 2006 50 hp Evinrude E-Tec
  • offdonzboatoffdonzboat Posts: 61Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Richard.   You've been making some great comments that will be helpful to owners checking in here.      I finally got the image part of this site working for me --  don't remember if I ever did post the picture of the "breaker" on the forum.    Well, I should put it up here in case others check this post and wonder what I'm  alluding to....   So here it isl
    edited May 19
    PS.    I hooked a battery up in reverse once on my Guest changer....     blew the fuse - luckily that was easily corrected and I didn't ruin anything.  [ although there were many tense moments when I thought I had ruined the Guest ----   before I remembered to check the fuse.    I'v'e learned a lot more about this boat since last year.
  • RichardESRichardES Posts: 10Member

Have never seen whatever that pic shows. Could be a breaker if the 2 "****" are the connection screws, the whole thing looks covered in shrink or a form fitting plastic case. That would make resetting it difficult unless the reset button is on the back side of the pic.

I read all your posts. The one about having several that were not yours but under your username, well, the one about the gas tank fumes is mine!  Already asked Capt Steve how that happened. I think I posted it before you even joined the website. Wierd!! 

2007 Polar Kraft Kodiac V165SC w/ 2006 50 hp Evinrude E-Tec
    Yes it seems to be a CB totally covered in shrikwrap. Google image search gave a few that looked like that could be under the wrap.   I should remove the shrinkwrap and see what lurks beneath.   NO comment from PK - no other PK owners responded that they had something like that - I don't know if the trolling motors are installed be PK or by the dealer.

The forum was behaving strange back then...   Updates done last night should make it better still.  I had trouble with pictures back then ( maybe because I'm on Firefox )  but they fixed that nice.