Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a copy of the Polar Kraft Owner's Manual? Now you can download it using this link! https://www.dropbox.com/s/spognuo4f1ujlg9/Polar Kraft Owners' manual.pdf

Livewell

FerdFerd Posts: 6Member
Just bought 2010 Pro 175. I am having a problem with the livewell. I turned the aereator pump on, and I can hear the pump running, but no water is coming in. Is there more than one pump? Also, I assume the drain in the bottom of the livewell is a drain, but with no water in the well I can't be sure. Can anyone tell me how the livewell works, and if there is really a problem or I am just slow? Thanks.

Comments

• offdonzboatoffdonzboat Posts: 56Member ✭✭
    edited June 2013
    I just bought a 2004 165sc.   Had a similar question last month - here's what Cap Steve replied:
    The fitting in the middle is the aerator head and the fitting on the left is actually a switch that turns the light on and off when you open the lid. The live well pump will not automatically turn off when it is full. If you leave the switch on, the water will refresh and continue to flow out the upper drain on the opposite side. To empty it , just pull the bottom plug. - See more at: http://polarkraftboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/27/owner-s-manual#sthash.vmK9Y5sa.dpuf

The fitting in the middle is the aerator head and the fitting on the left is actually a switch that turns the light on and off when you open the lid. The live well pump will not automatically turn off when it is full. If you leave the switch on, the water will refresh and continue to flow out the upper drain on the opposite side. To empty it , just pull the bottom plug.

So this may help for part of your answer.  I haven't actually tried mine yet.  I''m thinking of just using it for additional storage.

• Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 75Member admin
    @ferd... There are a couple of things that can be going on here. There might be a shut off valve in the bilge area that is in the closed position, or the aerator pump could be air locking.  A lot of times you can run the boat in reverse with the pump on to prime it. If the pump itself has been replaced recently, it might need to be rotated so the fitting and hose are at the lowest point possible. Also, your dealer might have some shims available to change the angle of the pump if rotating doesn’t help.
  • DSiggy60DSiggy60 Posts: 5Member
    edited August 2013
    My Frontier 179 has two livewells.  Each has a valve on the nozzle in the livewell so I could keep one dry.  The plug must be in the livewell drain and the valve in bilge left open.  If valve in bilge is closed while running in auto or manual,  you could overfill livewell (expirience in that, lol) since the overfill uses same line.
  • RichardESRichardES Posts: 10Member
    FYI: my 2007 Kodiiac 165SC has the livewell light switch on the dash, no lid switch.
    2007 Polar Kraft Kodiac V165SC w/ 2006 50 hp Evinrude E-Tec