Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a copy of the Polar Kraft Owner's Manual? Now you can download it using this link! https://www.dropbox.com/s/spognuo4f1ujlg9/Polar Kraft Owners' manual.pdf

Fish getting out of live well 170 sport

bbloodbblood Posts: 13Member
New boat....fish end up in the bilge...there is a big hole in the top of the livewell right under the read fishing seat base on the aft platform....suggestions? Bill

Comments

• jmdevinkjmdevink Posts: 0Member
    New boat....fish end up in the bilge...there is a big hole in the top of the livewell right under the read fishing seat base on the aft platform....suggestions? Bill
    I have not had any fish get out of the big hole in the livewell, but I have the same boat and I end up with enough water in the bilge after fishing in even just mildly rough waters for an hour or two that I couldn't get up on plane.  I am VERY dissapointed with how shoddy the rear livewell is constructed given that it is so poorly sealed.  Having to rely on my bilge pump three or more times a day is not a good thing because if it dies on me when I'm far from the launch, I'm in a lot of trouble.  Looks like they just threw in a livewell made for another boat without putting in the time to have it fit properly or sealed properly.  I was also VERY dissapointed by the handful of metal shavings and about a dozen rivets left behind in the bilge of my boat.  That's a sure way to kill the bilge pump in a hurry...
    I would love to get an explanation from PolarKraft on these two issues...
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 75Member admin
    @bblood & @jmdevink ... what are your dealers saying about this? Happy to put this in front of PK Customer Support, but with a new boat, they are going to want the dealer's evaluation. JM...what is the model of your boat? Pics? Thanks, Steve
  • bbloodbblood Posts: 13Member
    My dealer said it looed like the wrong livewell was installed. They had to remove the entire aft deck in order to get access to the hole. They cut a round pastic panel and used 5200 to glue it on over the cut out. My dealer is Hamlin's Marine in Hampden, Maine. I have been using the boat a lot and am vey happy with it. I hope there isnt an entire production run of these boats out there with this issue.... Super happy with the boat and so are my wife and kids!
    @bblood ... I'll make sure PK knows about this. I know the folks at Hamlin's personally, and you are in good hands to get the issue resolved.
  • bbloodbblood Posts: 13Member
    Yes, Hamlin's has been great....issue was corrected right away and I couldn't be happier with this boat. Perfect blend of fishing and family fun! I reluctantly replace my 1969 17 foot Crestliner aluminum with the 170FS and I suddenly have lot more "crew members" on board...Things have come a long way in the last 40 odd years.
  • MEGuideMEGuide Posts: 2Member
    Forgive me if I'm overlooking  something obvious but I've had a somewhat similar issue with my Outlander.  It came with a black partition,which I assume goes between the livewell and baitwell.  However, bait can still swim freely between both.  Any suggestions  on how to keep them separate?
    @MEGuide ... I was just on an Outlander, and we used the partition without any issues. Can you post a pic of the divider installed?